Yomitan Club was formed in 1927 with 51 adults and 125 children. We were formed to promote friendship and mutual aid among the fellow villagers. It was also to enhance and encourage their welfare and advancement being so far from their home country.
Our original name was Yuntanza Son Jin Kai. After WWII, the name was changed to Yomitan Son Jin Kai, and then later changed to Yomitan Club of Hawaii.
In 1951, Yomitan Club became one of the founding club members for Hawaii United Okinawa Associates (HUOA). It serves as the umbrella organization for 50 member clubs statewide. To learn more about HUOA, visit their website.